Vintage Pant Forms

Trousers or pants depends on where you live but its all the same if you’re these vintage pant forms. We see a lot of vintage dress forms but it’s rare to come across forms used to make pants. Or are they trousers?

Vintage Pant Forms

In the United Kingdom, the word pants generally refers to underwear and not trousers. Shorts are similar to trousers and since they only come down to the knee they are called short trousers and to the ankle they are called long trousers. Interesting. In Scotland, trousers are called trews which is the historic root of the word trousers. They are also known as breeks which relates to the root word breeches. Again, the item of clothing worn under trousers is called underpants. But if you live in North America or Australia they use the word pants and trousers refers more to a tailored garment with a waistband, belt loops and a fly front. Clothing worn under the pants is referred to as underwear, boxers or briefs. In Australia, undergarments are called under-dacks, dacks or y-fronts. Interesting. Honestly, I don’t care what you call them as long as I have a pair.

Click HERE to view Vintage Pant Forms at Hudson Goods. And click Hip Lighting, Furniture Frenzy, Industrial Strength or Chairs Gone Wild for more interior home design.

vintage pant forms
Trousers or pants?



Leave a Reply